This is our favourite breakfast recipe but can certainly be eaten any other time of the day.
- 500 g any beans you like (we usually soak and cook them at home and then just bring them in a container, but canned beans can be used too, just make sure to drain and rinse them)
- 2 cups of any vegetables you have on hand (we like mushrooms, sweet peppers and zucchini)
- 500 g of tomato sauce (we usually use tomato basil or vegetable marinara)
- Salt and pepper plus whatever spices you like
- 4 eggs
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add vegetables and stir fry them for 8-10 minutes.
- Add beans, tomato sauce and spices, stir well, and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Make four nests and break eggs into them, cover the pan and let the egg whites set. Make sure not to overlook the eggs. The dish tastes best when the yolks are still runny. Add salt and pepper.
Enjoy! Guaranteed to give you energy for whatever activity you have planned.